Statement of Values
The Statement of Values comprise the principles that Kiama Council and its staff regard as essential. It guides how the organisation acts and what Council and staff aspire to.
Council and its staff are committed to these values in all interactions with public sector agencies, other organisations and individuals.
Council will act with integrity and demonstrate leadership through being:
- obeying the law
- complying with adopted policies and procedures
- observing Codes of Conduct
- disclosing actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- dealing with people fairly and with respect
- being informed when making decisions
- acting without fear, favour or deference
- considering only relevant matters.
- providing advice in an impartial and professional manner
- reporting and dealing with suspected wrongdoing
- illustrating the worth of these values by example
- acting ethically above all else
- submitting to scrutiny
- maintaining proper, accessible records
- utilising public resources effectively and efficiently
- informing and engaging with stakeholders.
(5) A Leader
- demonstrating innovation and initiative
- working as a team in all areas of Council's endeavour
- developing and training staff
- working towards ecological sustainability.
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009