Constructing driveways or footpath crossings
- Any work by a private developer, contractor or ratepayer which affects a footpath, kerb and gutter, or road pavement must be approved by Engineering staff. An application form (pdf 98 KB) is available. Fees and charges apply.
- Only approved contractors may be used. Contact Council to obtain a listing of currently approved contractors.
- Concreters wanting to be placed on the list of approved contractors should complete & return the application form (pdf 114 KB)
- Driveway and layback standards are issued to approved contractors. Second access applications and permitted surfaces for driveways (pdf 21 KB).
Installing street numbers of kerb and gutter
- Council does not mark kerbs in front of residences with the house number, however approved contractors are allowed to provide this service applying the Street Numbering Policy. A list of approved contractors can be obtained from the Engineering and Works Department.
Driving across public reserves
- Approval must be obtained to drive across Council reserves. This includes builders and delivery vehicles working at the rear of a private property require access across a public reserve. In certain situations, Council will lend out a key to a locked gate leading into a public reserve. Contact the Engineering and Works Department to obtain the necessary approvals and keys.
Second Access Applications
- Requirements for the second access application to a property.
Last updated: Tuesday 5 February, 2013