Parks and reserves
- Engineering and Works maintain all public reserves, playing fields and open space, including
mowing, horticultural work, plumbing, electrical, play equipment, amenity
buildings and other park furniture.
- Reserves and certain facilities are available for hire for events and functions. Guide to Public Liability Insurance Requirements. (pdf 84 KB) In the case of Hindmarsh
Park, conditions apply.
- The allocation of Sports Fields for organised sports is managed by
the independent Kiama Sports Association. Contact the Secretary Mr Col
Rathbone on 4232 1638 during business hours.
Plans of management for reserves
- Engineering and Works design and construct new facilities within the reserves and open space
in accordance with the relevant reserve Plan
of Management and as detailed in the Council's current Management
Plan (pdf 1.10 MB).
- Engineering and Works developed the Plan
of Management for Council consideration for all Council open space.
Roads, bridges and drainage structures
- Works include maintenance of over 195 kilometres of local roads, 37 kilometres of
regional roads, 29 timber and concrete bridges on local roads and an
extensive network of urban and rural drainage structures. This includes pavement
and pothole repair, rural roadside mowing, roadside tree removal/trimming,
line marking, signage, footpath repairs, street cleaning, street lighting.
- Please read about design and construction of new works (pdf 1.10 MB) as determined by Council.
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009