Services and utilities
Services and utilities are part of the Council's community-focus and assures the community of quality service and delivery.
Bushfire Risk Management Plan
Below are a series of links to various documents/maps from the Busfire Risk Management Plan.
- Council maintains three operational cemeteries at Kiama (Bombo), Jamberoo
and Gerringong, plus the closed Kendall's Cemetery.
- Emergency numbers and Council-supported services
- Emergency phone numbers are listed. Also listed are the community emergency services supported by Council.
- Fees and charges
- Find the charges for all engineering and works services.
- Make requests for filming
of a commercial nature on or of public property. Fees
- Hire of Council reserves
- Conditions apply for use of Council reserves.
- Private development and subdivisions
- Find what you need to know about required Development Controls Plans and policies that are pertinent.
- Public halls and Council buildings
- The department maintains all Council buildings and public halls.
- Find information about tree preservation and free trees.
- Vehicle/Plant and Equipment and hire services
- Council operates a large fleet of vehicles, plant and mechanical equipment.
They are all maintained through a well-equipped mechanical workshop. Conditions apply for hire.
- Traffic Committee
- Requests for traffic improvements or road closures (for street parades,
functions) are assessed by Council's Traffic Committee.
- Street lighting
Energy is the agency responsible for the repair of streetlights
in the Local Government Area. A request for the installation of new or upgraded street or reserve
lighting should be made to Council.
- Reports of graffiti on Council property can be reported to the "Graffiti
Hotline" on 4232 0444. Engineering staff will treat the report as
a high priority matter. Graffiti on private property should be reported
to the Police. Vandalism to any Council property should be reported to Council on
4232 0444 during business hours. Vandalism on private property should
be reported to the Police.
- Driveways & Footpaths
- This includes constructing driveways, footpath crossings, street
numbering, driveway access to public reserves, and second driveway access application.
Footpath Driveway Specifications
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009