Tree removal or pruning
Illegal removal or pruning, etc
Council has a policy to take action against persons carrying out works without approval. This depends on the seriousness of the action.
Neighbour's overhanging trees
- Persons can obtain approval to prune overhanging branches of a neighbour's tree, ie the part overhanging the boundary.
- A permit must be obtained by submitting an application form or letter.
- If, after inspection, Council's arborist recommends that work is required within the neighbour's property, the application must be signed by the neighbour (owner) of the tree.
- If the owner does not agree to the work being done, the parties must resolve the matter.
- Council cannot and will not order any work to be done unless it is part of a Court Order.
Ratepayers may obtain two free trees each financial year. The stall is held on World Environment Day held by Council in June each year and three other days selected throughout the year. Please telephone Council to find the next day.
Suitable/recommended trees for Kiama
Last updated: Tuesday 5 March, 2013