Safety and injury prevention
Kiama Council is committed to providing a safe environment for the community.
To achieve this, a series of projects has been initiated to meet the safety
needs of the community.
- Kiama Safe Communities Project
- In 1999, NSW Health provided funding for 3
years to employ a full-time project officer.
- Kiama Safe Sports Project
- The Kiama Safe Sports Project commenced in October 2003.
- Water Safety/Drowning Prevention
- Council conducts a range of activities for the prevention of drowning.
to swim" program
- The Kiama Leisure Centre offers a range of swimming and fitness classes.
- During summer popular beaches have lifeguards on patrol.
- Residential swimming pools
- Environmental Services staff conduct regular random inspections of residential
swimming pools to ensure they are safe. Use the checklist to see how safe
your pool is…
Swimming Pool Checklist
Link to Councils Road Safety Page
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009