HSC HELP 2019
Kiama Library is holding its annual HSC HELP program to assist students with the English and PDHPE exams.
Open to all current Year 12 students, the tutorials are sponsored by the Friends of Kiama Library.
Ticket are $5 per student, and allow entry to both tutorials. Purchase your ticket at the library or phone (02) 4233 1133.
Creative Writing with Clayton Zane
- Published author and prolific writer.
- Two Masters Degrees in Creative Writing from University of Oxford, UK, and University of Sydney.
- Bachelor Degrees in Law and Arts from University of Wollongong.
- Runs regular Creative Writing workshops for adults locally.
- HSC Tutor with Sydney Story Factory.
- Tutored Creative Writing for St Joseph’s Book Week 2018.
Part 1: Tue 14 May 5.30 - 7pm
Part 2: Tue 21 May 5.30 - 7pm
The workshop will consist of working with stimulus, developing complex characters, learning dramatic structure, and plotting inciting events and turning points.
Gain an insight into what makes a good story and how to generate ideas to create your own.
“This workshop was fun and I gained more knowledge on the skills I needed to better my writing. I enjoyed the relaxed environment and group discussions.” - Lily
PDHPE with Daniel Inness
- Currently employed as Deputy Principal at Dapto High School since 2014.
- Four years as a PDHPE HSC marker.
- Seventeen years teaching Senior PDHPE, with students regularly achieving Band 5 and 6.
- Four years as Deputy Principal and Head Teacher PDHPE at Barrenjoey High School.
Tuesday 28 May 5.30 - 7pm
Full of great tips on preparing for the PDHPE exam – how to allocate your exam time, study tips, and the best syllabus topics to focus on to maximise your study time and results.
“Great! …really helpful in learning how to answer certain questions and how much we had to write. It was also good to be able to read other peoples’ responses for inspiration.” - Mariama