Council's Mission Statement
Council's mission is:
"To protect and enhance the quality of life of our residents and the unique environment of our area through leadership and consultation."
Council's Corporate Goals
Council has a number of goals which are intended to echo the mission of the Council. They provide a statement of broad direction or intent for Council's principal activities, and are as follows:
- to provide an efficient and effective delivery of services which is responsive to the community's needs
- to promote the principles of access, equity and social justice in the development of Council services
- to promote the principle of ecological sustainability in environmental planning through implementation of Council's environmental goals
- to develop an organisational culture which encourages innovation and flexibility and which strives for continual improvement
- to exercise the regulatory functions of Council consistently and without bias
- to encourage community participation in the processes of Council by consulting widely on its activities and policies.
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009