Planning and constraint maps
Follow the instructions below to determine what planning and development constraints apply to your area.
1. Open the Kiama Local Environmental Plan 2011 mapping guide and find the map number for your area
(e.g. 012 for the Kiama area bounded by Tingira Crescent in the south, Meehan Drive in the north and Fountaindale Road in the west.
2. Open the Kiama Local Environmental Plan 2011 maps and scroll to locate the map you are looking for
(e.g. to find the zone for your land in area 012 select the map sheet identification number for LZN 012)
3. The map is in PDF format and you will need to move your mouse to the bottom of the page to show the toolbar. You can then click on the + sign to enlarge the map.
4. Once you have determined what your zone is you should open Kiama Local Environmental Plan 2011 and view the information associated with your zone
(e.g. for land zoned R3 select the Zone R3 Medium Density Residential link in the Land Use table on the left hand side of the page.
5. You can now read about what land uses are permitted within your zone.
You can use the same steps above to find out information on
- terrestrial biodiversity
- riparian land and watercourses
- floor space ratio
- foreshore building line
- acid sulfate soils
- height of buildings
- land reservation acquisition
- additional permitted uses
If you are experiencing difficulty following our instructions, please call us on (02) 4232 0444.