Kiama Leisure Centre's gymnasium incorporates free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment and our new boxing area. We provide a gym supervisor to assist you with any queries you may have in relation to our gymnasium.
Gymnasium supervision hours
Gymnasium supervision is available from 9.00am until 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and from 9.00am until 8.00pm Friday.
There is no supervision Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
The Leisure Centre management strongly recommends that patrons use the gymnasium during hours of supervision. Those who elect to use the gym equipment outside the hours of supervision do so at their own risk and are expected to adhere to the Leisure Centre's Conditions of Entry to the Gym.
Conditions of Entry to the Gym
- Children aged between 13 and 16 years must be supervised by the gym supervisor or a responsible adult while using the gymnasium.
- Children under 16 years of age can obtain a Gym License from the Gym Supervisors. Those children with a Gym License may use the gym unsupervised and must show it at reception upon arrival. Licenses are valid for three months. After this you must be re-assessed by one of the Gym Supervisors. If the card is invalid, you will not be allowed in the gym unsupervised.
- Food is not to be taken into the Gym.
- Patrons are required to bring a towel and wipe down the equipment after use for hygienic purposes.
- Patrons are required to adhere to 20 minute time limits on cardio machines during busy times.
Your safety and wellbeing is our concern, so please:
- Always use your towel on the equipment.
- Warm up before using free weights and weight machines.
- Wear a shirt and closed in shoes at all times.
- Replace weights when you finish using them.
- Be considerate towards other gym users.
The Gym Supervisor is trained to assist the user in a variety of programs:
- Fitness Programming - must be designed and evaluated on an individual basis, taking into consideration personal needs, such as age and any musculoskeletal problems. Also introduction to exercise equipment.
- Resistance Training - can be structured for various positive benefits, such as muscular strength, endurance, speed and power, increase lean body tissue, rehabilitate muscles following injury and improve posture.
- Weight Management Programming - a program layout of a mixture of cardio and resistance training balanced with a healthy eating plan which is monitored.
- Fitness Testing - is an evaluation on a client?s health and fitness status, to determine the most appropriate fitness program that should be given.
- Reassessment Evaluation - is used to monitor how a client is performing and if any changes are to be made to their fitness program so they can continue to improve. eg resistance training you might need to increase your weights used. It is also to assist in motivation.
Please see the Gym Supervisor on duty to book any of the above.