Managing our open spaces
We strive to:
- maintain all public reserves, playing fields and open space, including mowing, horticultural work, plumbing, electrical, play equipment, amenity buildings and other park furniture
- develop a plan of management for all our open space
- design and construct new facilities within reserves and open spaces in accordance with the relevant reserve plan of management
- enable the hire of our reserves and certain facilities for events and functions
- manage commercial fitness activities and personal training in our open spaces
- provide the community with playing fields status updates
We are committed to providing the opportunity for our community to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We actively maintain a wide range of parks and reserves throughout the municipality for relaxation and outdoor recreation purposes. Many of our parks and reserves are equipped with picnic and barbecue facilities which are free for you to use - all we ask in return is that you leave them clean and place any rubbish in the bins provided.
We recognise the importance of active play for children and provide many safe and quality playgrounds within our parks and reserves. Children with disabilities are also catered for at several of our parks with equipment designed with them in mind. A large number of our playgrounds also have public amenities in close proximity.
Play Illawarra provide a unique search feature to help you locate the playground that's right for you with in your local area. You will find information on amenities, accessibility and much more.
Please report any damage or maintenance issues to us by sending us a customer request via our online reporting tool or by calling (02) 4232 0444.