Recreation and tourism
Kiama Municipality is located on some of the most picturesque and beautiful coastline on
the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Fishing, boating, swimming,
hiking, camping and many other recreational activies are available for the
overseas guest or the curious visitor. Have a great time and enjoy this coastal
- Beach Lifeguard Service is a professional lifeguard service that Council provides on the majority of its picturesque beaches. In addition, the local Surf Lifesaving Clubs operate regular patrols.
- Calendar of Events, maintained on the Kiama Tourism website, is a diary of community events organised for the benefit of visitors and local alike.
- Cycleway Plan was developed through by Walking Tracks and Cycleways Committee. Maps are available to indicates the location of each track.
- Family History Centre is a world-renowned facility whose staff and team of enthusiastic volunteers can assist you to trace your family origins.
- Holiday Parks are located at Blowhle Point, Surf Beach, Kendalls Beach, Werri Beach and Seven Mile Beach.
- Jetskis are subject to regulations on their use within the Municipality.
- Kiama Library - learn about our community library's services and access the library catalogue.
- Leisure Centre is a multi-sports and actvities facility that has a heated indoor swimming pool, gymnasiums, massage facilities and several indoor and outdoor arenas. A regular program of activities is run at the centre that offers a variety of physical exercise for young and old. The Jamberoo pool is also run from this centre during the summer months.
- Public Access Boat Ramps are maintained at three locations on the Miamurra River and at Blowhole Point, Gerringong Boat Harbour and Little Beach, Gerroa.
- Public Toilets can be located on the map provided.
- Tidal Pools are maintained by Council over summer at five locations.
- Tourism - visit the Kiama Tourism website to find out more about what guests in our municipality may enjoy.
Last updated: Wednesday 11 November, 2009