Request for garbage-recycling service, changing bin size or canceling an existing service
We offer a waste and recycling service for all residential properties and provide a commercial service as well.
If you would like to:
- commence garbage collection service
- commence recycling collection service
- change your bin size
- cancel your service
complete the appropriate form and submit this to Council.
If your request is for an urban residential service use this application form:
If your request is for a rural residential service use this application form:
Collection calendars for each residential zone
It is important to ensure that all residents receive concise, clear and accurate information for landfill, recycling, green waste and clean-up services. Consequently, we have divided the Municipality into ten zones and residents within each zone are given an easy-to-read double sided calendar detailing collection dates. Listed below are the links to each 2016-2018 Zone Calendar.
How to use your service
Residents within the Kiama Municipality have three bins.
- the red lid bin for landfill waste is collected every fortnight
- the yellow lid bin for recycling is collected every week
- the green lid bin for food and garden organics is collected every week
For more information on the food and garden organics service, please refer to OK Organics Kiama -Compost to Kitchen Revolution.
Do the right thing with your bin
Please do the right thing with your bin:
- keep your bins at least 30cm apart and free from obstacles such as cars, trees and power poles
- place your bin out for collection the night before the scheduled service day with the wheels facing away from the kerb
- return your bin to your property (or enclosure) the same day of the scheduled service.
Sort it out! What CAN and CANNOT be recycled
Recycling is collected on a weekly basis. Please refer to your waste and recycling calendar for dates. Find out what items CAN & what items CANNOT be recycled by looking at the information provided inside your waste and recycling calendar. Also check out Council's A-Z of Waste & Recycling.
Food and Green waste collections
Food and green waste is collected weekly. Please refer to your waste and recycling calendar for dates. For more information on the food and garden organics service, please refer to OK Organics Kiama - Kitchen to Compost Revolution or your 2016-18 Waste and Recycling Services Calendar.
What do I do if my bin is stolen?
In the case of stolen or lost bin, please contact Minnamurra Recycling Facility - phone: (02) 4237 5148