About the centre
In 2015 Kiama Youth Centre changed to SENTRAL youth services with the building renovated inside and out and a commercial kitchen installed. The move to SENTRAL also introduced new and exciting programs crating more opportunities for young people to become involved.
- The SENTRAL Youth Centre opened in 1993 and provides information and referral to young people aged 12 - 24 throughout the Local Government Area.
- Trained Youth Workers are available to provide assistance on a wide range of youth issues for young people and their families.
- SENTRAL Youth Centre also offers a range of educational, recreational and community development programs.
- SENTRAL Youth Centre provides a Youth Worker to work from Kiama High School each Friday.
- Around 3000 young people between the ages of 12 - 24 frequent the Centre each year.
- SENTRAL Youth Centre has a facebook page. Type in Kiama Youth Services on facebook and like our page.
SENTRAL Youth Workers Andrew, Bonnie and Dylan provide confidential help to young people, parents and carers including referrals to specialist counsellors and accommodation services or basic assistance with employment, educational and recreational needs.
When: Tuesday-Saturday, 12-5pm by appointment or drop in
Where: SENTRAL (note: The centre will be closed for drop in during renovations throughout July-September 2015, please call to speak with Youth Workers during this time)
Who: 12-24 years, parents, carers
SENTRAL is open for young people to drop in and play pool, basketball, playstation or just sit and have a feed. Meet the Youth Workers, socialise with other young people and get involved in SENTRAL programs and activities
When: Wednesday-Saturday, 12-5pm
Where: SENTRAL (note: The centre will be closed for drop in during renovations throughout July-September 2015, please call to speak with Youth Workers during this time
Who: Young people aged 12-24
How to contact the centre
You can phone us on (02) 4233 1276, send an email to or drop in to the Centre in Hindmarsh Park, Kiama.
Young Men's Project
Working with Police
Young Men's Program
Youth Engagement Meeting
In Hearts Wake Concert