Our COVID-19 financial relief package includes:
1. the interest rate applicable on overdue rates and annual charges is 0% up to 31 December 2020. Interest will be charged from 1 January 2021 on any overdue rates at an interest rate of 7% per annum.
2. ceasing legal recovery otherwise required under Council’s Hardship Policy for those accounts that have outstanding balances until 30 September 2020
3. continuing to issue all annual, instalment and revised reminder notices to keep our ratepayers informed
4. providing a simplified form for ratepayers suffering financial hardship due to COVID-19 to complete and request a payment deferment to August 2020 for ratepayers
5. continuing to pay small business within two weeks of receiving a correctly rendered invoice
6. ensuring users of Council facilities are receiving a credit or refund for cancellations relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
7. approving the waiving of outdoor dining fees during the pandemic
8. applying the National Cabinet mandatory Code of Conduct – SME Commercial Leasing principles during COVID-19 and holding all rent reviews for Council tenants for 12 months
The package will be reviewed and updated on a monthly basis to ensure that these measures remain relevant.
Council is also providing rental relief to lessees and licensees of public property impacted by COVID-19 for the period 25 March 2020 up to 30 September 2020. Our Property Team is available to discuss arrangements with you.