We are updating Kiama’s Community Strategic Plan and we would love you to be involved.
Our Community Strategic Plan is a long-term plan that identifies the main priorities and aspirations of our community for the future. It is shaped by our community, for our community and we are encouraging you to join the conversation.
The Plan must be reviewed following each local government election - to ensure it remains relevant and captures the aspirations of the whole community.
The Kiama 2017- 2027 Community Strategic Plan reflects the community’s vision for Kiama and is our guide for action over the next 10 years.
Vision: Working together for a healthy, sustainable and caring community.
It tells us:
- What we are striving to achieve
- Strategies we are using to achieve it
- Outcomes that will indicate we have reached our goals.
Council takes a lead role in the implementation of this Plan, however, responsibility for achieving our long-term goals also rests with all levels of government, businesses, industry groups, community organisations and individuals.
- A Healthy, Safe and Inclusive Community
- Well Planned and Managed Spaces, Places and Environment
- A Diverse, Thriving Economy
- Responsible Civic Leadership that is Transparent, Innovative and Accessible
You are invited to help us review our vision and priorities.
There will be more ways to get involved coming soon.