Kiama Council is committed to implementing best practice procurement procedures and complying with legislative requirements whilst delivering positive outcomes for our community that consider social, economic and environmental sustainability.
Our Draft Procurement Policy(PDF, 158KB) outlines the guiding principles for Council in its procurement function including purchasing, use of corporate credit cards, tendering, contract management, payments relating to the acquisition and use of goods and services, and to assist in:
• Ensuring best value for money and cost effectiveness
• Meeting the needs of the community
• Ensuring integrity, transparency and probity
• Promoting economic, social and environmental sustainability
• Promoting local economic development
• Promoting good management practices
• Risk management
• Record keeping
• Monitoring and reporting
The policy also describes the legislative framework within which Council operates; the practices within Council; staff responsibilities and expected behaviours of Councillors, Council staff, suppliers and contractors of Council.
We are seeking feedback about this policy before it is finalised and submitted to our councillors for approval.
Make a submission
Submissions close 5pm, Sunday 9 April 2023.
(02) 4232 0444