The Planning Proposal (PP) seeks to amend Schedule 4, Part 1 of the Kiama Local Environmental Plan 2011. The planning proposal seeks to list Lot 2 DP 1215276, 14A Bonaira Street, Kiama under Part 1 of Schedule 4 as 'land classified or reclassified as operational land - no interests changed'. This change will give effect to Clause 5.2(2) of the LEP so that the subject land will no longer have community land status.
Council is the designated Local Planning Making Authority.
State Agency Referral
The Planning Proposal has been referred to NSW RFS for comments.
Public Exhibition of the Planning Proposal on the Planning Portal
The Planning Proposal (PP) will be placed on public exhibition on the Planning Portal for 28 days.
The PP will be on public exhibition from 13 March 2023 to 11 April 2023 via the NSW Department website.
The Planning Proposal and all supporting documents can be viewed on the Planning Portal via this link:
Planning Proposal - Reclassification of Land - Blue Haven 14A Bonaira Street, Kiama | Planning Portal - Department of Planning and Environment (nsw.gov.au)
How to make a submission
Once the exhibition period commences on 13 March 2023, submissions can be made via the NSW Department webpage using the same link:
Make a submission
Given the proposal is for a reclassification of land, a formal Public Hearing will also be held.
- Give notice of the arrangements for the public hearing on its website
- Give notice in a letter to each of the persons who requested a public hearing when making a submission at least 21 days before the date of the hearing
- When? It is expected that the likely timing for the Public Hearing would be the last two weeks in April 2023. The community can register to attend the Public Hearing and make representations to the process
- The Public Hearing must be facilitated by an independent facilitator. Council has commissioned a local government expert to support this process and run the public hearing on behalf of Council
- Following the Public Hearing the submissions made during the exhibition process and hearing are compiled into a report. This report is then provided to Council for final decision on the proposal
- Given Council has been granted Local Plan Making Authority, the report to Council would formally make the LEP if supported. This would likely occur in May 2023.