If you pay for a waste service in your annual rates, you can dispose of large bulky household items for free at our Household Bulky Waste Drop Off event.
Our 9-day event takes place twice a year at our Minnamurra Waste & Recycling Facility.
Bookings are essential and open one month prior.
- mattresses (limit 2 per household)
- toys, baby goods
- sporting goods, bicycles
- garden pots and equipment
- white goods
- electrical goods
- blinds, carpets
- crockery and homewares
- cds, dvds, books
- items for the Community Recycling Centre
Not accepted items:
- building and demolition waste
- garden waste (unless fees are paid)
- household garbage or food scraps
- pane/sheet glass or mirrors
- toxic chemicals and hazardous waste
- waste from commercial premises
If you live in our urban areas, you can book our User Pays On-Call Kerbside Clean Up collection.
The service costs $85 and you can book any time throughout the year.
We'll collect up to 1m3 (1m wide x 1m high x 1m deep) or 100kg of household items per booking from your property.
If you have more than this, an additional booking for the same collection day will be required.
Call our Waste Services on (02) 4237 5148 to book.
We'll let you know your collection day at the time of booking.
- Put items out by 6am on your collection day, no more than 24 hours before.
- Small items must be placed in unwanted boxes or bags.
- Put items out the front of your own property at your normal bin collection point.
- Put all items neatly, off the road and footpaths.
- Do not put items out that are not eligible for collection out. They will not be collected.
- Items must be able to be picked up safely by 1 person.
- Do not place items out after the collection has taken place. We will not return.
- small indoor and outdoor furniture
- toys and sporting goods
- whitegoods (fridges, freezers, stoves – these must be dismantled such as removing doors)
- small rugs and carpet scraps (must be less than 1m length)
- scrap metal.
Items not accepted
- glass or mirrors (such as sheet, pane, glass top tables.)
- household garbage, food scraps or garden waste
- asbestos, hazardous materials or chemicals – take these to our Household Chemical Clean Out
- paints, oils, batteries, gas bottles, extinguishers, smoke detectors, fluoro globes
- building materials, demolition/renovation (bricks, concrete, tiles, sinks, baths, gyprock, fence palings,roof sheeting)
- E-waste (televisions, computers, keyboards, printers)
- mattresses – take these to ourHousehold Bulky Waste Drop Off Event
- bean bags.
Kerbside Clean Up FAQs
If you have household problem waste to dispose of, take it to our Community Recycling Centre.
You can take large amounts of green waste to our Minnamurra Waste and Recycling Facility.
Take your eligible drink containers to your local Return and Earn collection point to get a 10 cent refund per bottle.
The NSW Government's container deposit scheme reduces litter and benefit our environment and community.
Find your nearest collection point the Return and Earn website.