Contact us

Emergency contact (after hours)

Roads/parks/Council buildings: 0417 686 477

Ranger Services: 0409 917 092

Report a problem

You can report a problem to Council through our feedback portal.

We also have a list below, of problems that are managed by external organisations:

External Organisations

Electricity, street lighting, wires and poles

Endeavour Energy assist with electricity, street lighting, wires and poles.

If you need to report an emergency, please call the Endeavour Energy emergency hotline on 131 003.

Traffic lights

For traffic light faults contact the RMS Traffic Management Centre on 131 700.

Gas supply and pipes

Contact Jemena.

Gas Faults and Emergencies (24/7) - 131 909.

Gas Customer Enquiries (8am-6pm Mon-Fri) - 1300 137 078.

Storm damage

For storm damage to trees, buildings and flooding, contact the State Emergency Services on 132 500 or visit the State Emergency Service website.

Water and sewerage pipes

Contact Sydney Water.

Water Emergency - 132 090.

Water Supply - 132 092.

Telephone cables and pits

To report broken Telstra pits, plates and cables on the footpath, call 132 203.

Roads run by Roads & Maritime Services For damage, debris, signals, potholes contact the RMS:


Anti-social behaviour Report issues such as noise or other anti-social behaviour to the local police on (02) 4232 5599.
Short-term holiday rentals Report complaints about short-term holiday rentals to NSW Fair Trading.



Send feedback or a suggestion


Complaints can be lodged in person, by phone, or email, or letter PO BOX 75 Kiama NSW 2533.  

Council currently follow the NSW Ombudsman’s guidelines for the complaint handling process.


Development assessment enquiries or NSW Planning Portal help

Due to a backlog in this department, we ask that you make an online booking, using the button below. Thank you for your patience at this time.

Book an online meeting


8.30-11am Monday to Friday (except public holidays) on (02) 4232 0444.

In person:

General enquiries are available 8.45-11am Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) at Council’s Customer Service Counter.

Applicants should contact the assessing officers directly before attending Council.

NSW Planning Portal help

Phone NSW Eplanning Support on 1300 305 695.

Justices of the Peace

Justice of the Peace services may be available Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Centre.

Before attending the Administration Centre, please call Customer Services on (02) 4232 0444 to ensure a JP will be available on the day.

Please note: a photocopying service is not available at the Administration Centre. Please organise your copies before arrival.


Alternatively, contact your local chemist, bank, police station or Service NSW.

To locate a local JP you can also use the NSW Justices of the Peace Register.

National Relay Service

TTY users -  phone 1300 555 727 and ask for (02) 4232 0444

Internet relay users -  Connect to the NRS and ask for (02) 4232 0444

Video relay users - choose the available NRS video relay contact on Skype and ask for (02) 4232 0444

SMS relay users - phone 0423 577 767 and ask for (02) 4232 0444


11 Manning Street, KIAMA 2533  View Map

Google Map
Suitable for: