Regulation and enforcement

Issues we handle:

Alcohol-free and prohibited areas

Report a problem with a zone.

Find out what alcohol-free and prohibited zones mean and where ours are located.

Animals - control

Report an animal problem.

For more information read our Animal control and companion animals section.

Animals - dog attack

Birds - aggressive bird or bird attack

Building and development site breaches

Report a problem

Report a problem

During normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm)

Contact our Customer Services Centre on (02) 4232 0444.

Outside normal business hours (before 8.30am or after 4.30pm Monday-Friday, and weekends and public holidays)

Contact our Rangers on 0409 917 092

Problems sometimes include:

  • operating outside of allowed hours
  • sediment control
  • illegal earthworks or tree removal
  • other non-compliance with conditions of consent.

Illegal camping

Illegal dumping

Illegal signage

Overgrown land

Find out more about overgrown land.

Report a problem with overgrown land.

Parking patrols and issuing Penalty Infringement Notices (PINs)

Report a problem about parking.

Find out more information about what to do if you have received a Penalty Infringement Notice.


Council investigates pollution enquiries immediately or as soon as practicably possible. If you see any pollution or environmental health issues including air, land or water pollution during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm) please contact Council on 02 4232 0444 or report online: 

Report a pollution or environmental health issue.

For matters outside our normal business hours, please see our “Report pollution” page for appropriate agencies in different situations.



Abandoned vehicles and other items

Find out more about abandoned vehicles and how to report one.



Contacts for other issues: 

Aircraft, drones or balloons

Animal welfare issues


RSPCA emergencies on 1300 278 358.

RSPCA Illawarra on 02 4271 3410.

Animal Welfare League Illawarra on 0498 200 709.

Aquatic life, fish and shellfish

Bee swarms on private property

Contact either Kel-Bee Apiaries on 0414 972 065 or Amateur Bee Association on 0466 796 520.

Bombo Quarry blasting, noise and dust complaints

Contact NSW EPA on 131 555.

Dead animals on Council property

Contact Council's Minnamurra Waste & Recycling Facility on 02 4237 5148.

Dead animals on private property

Owner to remove.

Insects and spiders

Contact your local pest controller.

Marine mammals

Native animals, birds and reptiles

Sail and power boats on the ocean

In an emergency contact 000.

Otherwise contact Transport for NSW - Roads and Maritime on 131 236.

Water mains and sewage mains including leaks

For emergency service repairs contact Sydney Water on 132 090.

For information about water restrictions contact Sydney Water on 132 092.

For general enquiries relating to water mains and sewage mains contact Sydney Water on 132 092.