CCTV in Kiama and Gerringong
Kiama Council is committed to providing a safe and secure environment in the municiaplity.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) can be used as a cost-effective tool to help with this.
The objectives of a CCTV system are to:
- promote community safety and crime prevention
- protect Kiama Council employees, residents and visitors
- protect Kiama Council assets
- reduce management costs via the remote monitoring of assets
- protect the environment.
We have one system installed in the Kiama CBD and one in the Gerringong CBD.
Rights of Access to Information
A member of the public has the right to apply for access to personal information held by Council in the following ways:
- A person can apply for the information under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PIPPA).
- A person can apply for information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA).
Please contact Council if you wish to ask any question about the system or make an application under GIPA or PIPPA.
The Kiama CCTV System is jointly funded by both the NSW Government and the Federal Government, in addition to contributions from Council's general revenue.