Council has adopted the Kiama Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) to establish:
- a 20-year vision for land use in our local area
- the special characteristics that contribute to local identity
- shared community values to be maintained and enhanced
- how growth and change will be managed into the future.
The Kiama LSPS sits at the top of Council's planning documents and contains:
- background information about the LSPS and Municipality
- 20-Year Vision for the municipality
- Planning Priorities for the next 20 years, and
- specific actions for achieving our Planning Priorities.
The Kiama LSPS contains actions to conduct comprehensive reviews of the:
It will also provide a solid foundation for the review of Council's Community Strategic Plan (CSP) due in 2020-21.
Engaging with the community and stakeholders has been vital in the development of the Kiama LSPS.
The overall program for the development of the LSPS involved 3 phases of community involvement: