Apply for a pensioner rebate

You may be eligible for a pensioner rebate if you:

  • have a Pensioner Concession Card
  • are responsible for paying rates on a property that is your sole or principal place of residence.

The maximum rate rebate is $250 per annum.

If you receive a Pensioner Concession on your property, you can choose to pay rates other than by quarterly instalments.

Contact Council to discuss options that may be available.

Interest still accrues on overdue instalments, but if you pay all your rates by 31 May each year, this is waived in full.

If instalments are unpaid after 31 May, interest at 7.5% per annum is calculated daily.

If you are granted a concession card between instalment periods, you are eligible to apply for a rebate on a pro rata basis for all following instalment periods within the rating year.

Apply for a rebate

Step 1.Apply for Pensioner Concession


Pensioner Concession Rates Rebate Application Form

Step 2.Get a copy of your Pensioner Concession Card

Step 3.Provide both to Council