CancelledHousehold Chemical Clean Out
We partner with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment to give our residents a free and environmentally-safe way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals.
It's a great opportunity for you to clean out your cupboards, garages, sheds and laundries of unwanted chemicals and drop them into Council to be recycled or disposed of correctly.
- paint and paint-related products such as thinners, strippers and varnish
- pesticides and herbicides such as fungicides, bait/poisons, wood preservatives
- solvents and household cleaners
- motor oils, fuels and fluids
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- pool chemicals
- acids and alkalis
- hobby chemicals, such as photography chemicals
- fluorescent tubes.
Tips and info
- Only household quantities accepted (usually up to 20 litres of a liquid waste or 20 kilograms).
- Materials collected are treated and disposed in a manner least harmful to the environment and human health.
- Transport materials in original containers if possible, without mixing, and ensure containers are well-sealed.
- Containers with liquids should be wrapped in newspaper and secured in plastic bags, then packed into buckets or trays.
- Transport materials in a space away from passengers, such as in your boot.
When (All dates cancelled)
Saturday, 14 August 2021 | 09:00 AM
- 03:30 PM
Minnamurra Waste & Recycling Centre, 446 Riverside Drive, MINNAMURRA 2533 View Map