Werri Beach off-leash area
Located off Pacific Avenue, Gerringong, Werri Beach off-leash area is opposite the local surf club, bowling club and holiday park.
You must comply with the conditions of use for the off-leash area.
Conditions of use
- Entry and exit is only allowed via 4 designated entrances between Moore Street and 63 Pacific Avenue.
- Dogs are only permitted off-leash and to swim in the designated area indicated by signs on the beach at the northern and southern boundaries.
- Dogs are prohibited at all times and in all areas of Werri Beach, including the dune area, other than in accordance with the conditions of use.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times outside the designated area including entry and exit.
- Dogs must remain under effective control at all times by a person over the age of 16 years.
- Owners and handlers are responsible for their dog's actions.
- Dogs must be registered and identified by wearing a collar and tag.
- Dog faeces must be immediately removed and properly disposed of in bins provided.
- Greyhounds, dogs declared dangerous and restricted breed dogs are prohibited.
- Owners and handlers must comply with all relevant provisions of the Companion Animals Act 1998 and Council's conditions of use.
- Members of the public accessing the dog off-leash area as a recreational activity are advised that Council uses defends afforded to it under the Civil Liability Act 2002.
Pacific Avenue, GERRINGONG 2534 View Map