Public pools and spas
If you occupy a premise that has a public swimming pool and/or public spa pool you are required to:
- notify Council that it exists
- ensure you use chlorine or bromine as the primary disinfectant
- have it fitted with either an automated or a continuous metered disinfectant dosing system
- ensure it complies with specified levels of bromine and chlorine, pH and alkalinity, and meets testing and record keeping requirements
- comply with all aspects of the Public Health Act and Regulation that relate to public swimming pools and spa pools.
Specified levels of bromine and cholorine can be found in Schedule 1 of the Public Health Act and Regulation.
Register your public pool or spa